Pages

Friday, September 24, 2010

DOTS DOTS DOTS

A formal approach to dot compositions really helped to keep a clear organized outlook on my project. I found myself repeatedly referring back to things such as mind maps and sketches throughout the process of making my book. Using this formal approach also helped me to keep my focus on my concept of the book which is the relationship between puzzles and their solutions with a focus on the feelings created by puzzles. I believe my image selection shows a strong reflection of my theme. I was able to use the imagery of the dots and the imagery of the background as a way to reinforce my theme. I was able to use the types of puzzles, the colors of the puzzles, and the background imagery as a way to make my pages cohesive. In order to make my book stronger conceptually I believe I could have found a more interesting way to show the relationship between the puzzles and their solutions.

I had a lot of difficulties throughout this project. I believe because of these difficulties that I have learned a considerable amount. I now have a much better understanding of thinking abstractly. I also feel as though I have perfected my technique with an exacto knife. I strongly believe in quantity over quality because of this project.  

1 comment:

  1. I too observed that you learned a lot in the project. Abstraction, lateral thinking and conceptual breadth is perhaps something you are not immediately comfortable or familiar with but you will continue to work in these modes this semester.

    ReplyDelete