Pages

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

response to readings and Sagmeister video

I strongly agree that graphic design is an interdisciplinary art. Being able to creatively solve problem with a vast amount of skills is essential to being a good well rounded  graphic designer. Graphic design is problem soving. The designer is responsible for finding a creative way to express a feeling or idea.

Stefan Sagmeister is one of my idols. I have seen of few examples of Sagmeister's work in the past and it blows me away. Like he said in his video he tries to show a process in his work. I think that process is one of the most intriguing parts of a design. I always find myself looking at a great peice of design and wondering to myself how it was created. Sagmeister said in his work, "Everything I do always comes back to me." I think this says alot about practice. The practice of graphic design will always serve you in the future as a way of progression. there was also a comment made about Sagmeister only taking clients who were smarter than he is in order to ensure that he is learnig. I think this is great. Why do something if at the end of it you have not learned anything?

No comments:

Post a Comment